Ten Stopping Junk Email Do's and Don'ts
unsubscribe - this option at the bottom of a junk email message
is a trick. If you remember subscribing to the sender, then
use the unsubscribe option provided. Otherwise, unless you
get more than a few emails over time from the same place,
they will be using your unsubscribe to send you more information
view or even pre-view a suspicious message while online -
when the pictures used in the message are pulled from the
spammer's computers you are telling the spammer that you
received the message (even if you don't reply)
- Do spend time complaining about spam, responsibly and appropriately.
- Don't buy anything from a spammer. Search and find a substitute
- Do read privacy policies of every site you give information
to. These one-page documents are on every responsible bulk-mailer,
and tell you what they will do with your personal information
- Do realize that you may have okay'd the spam - if you have
ever provided your email address to a company that stated in
affiliated sites"... this means that if they affiliate with
10,000 sites, then you may get 10,000 or more pieces of legal
junk email. We do not believe this is responible or ethical
of companies to do, but it is the basis for a large number
of the spams that people get. Millions of people have wanted
to win contests or prizes, only in many cases to find out that
they won a slot on the "Wheel of Spam Carousel"
- Do Get a disposable or extra email account to give to "suspicious" sites
- Don't get too crazy about it all - you have better uses
for your energy and talents!
- Do be prepared to spend money, time, or both in order to
achieve a slimmer email in-box
- Do stay informed - technology, laws, and tricks are evolving.
Locations of online resources are provided in this book, including
sites with news about junk email.
more at Block Junk Email.
Our many choices of communities fits the growing needs of internet users.
We provide more than just unique email addresses:
We offer niche communities, places for people to identify with, while
gaining the benefits of belonging to a larger (and growing) group of people